Monday, August 11, 2008

new baby girl

Yes, I have had lots of newborn sessions lately. They have all been a joy and an honor. This baby girl was no exception. It was an extra special session for me as well... She is the baby of my sister's best friend's brother. Although we have always been just aquaintances because of our sisters' friendship, I feel like I have known him forever. It was such an honor to be asked to take photos for he and his wife, this being their first child. What a little miracle!

Photobucket

Its amazing what you find when you walk around your subject...
Photobucket

His other adorable sister (oh, did I not mention how adorable the first mentioned sister is?) made this precious little tutu for her. I was so excited to see it and after inspecting it closely, I realized that it was a no-sew tu-tu... Wow, I think even "I" could make one!
Isn't she precious in this? And how nice to be in the middle of summer where we can take a newborn outdoors.
Photobucket

Yes, she slept almost the entire session. I was there quite a while too. She woke up for a brief moment when she was hungry and then went right back to sleep.

Thanks to the Oldham family for asking me to take photos when this little one arrived. I had been looking forward to it and I hope you will enjoy the results for many years to come!

1 comment:

karibates said...

Oh my heck, Debbie! That one with the orchids(?) - absolutely BREATHTAKING!